Joy of Life on the Gulf Coast is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that was formed in 2013 to primarily benefit the St Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis Tennessee. Our board consists of former patients of St Jude, parents of St Jude Patients, and people along the Gulf Coast who care and support the efforts of St Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Did you know?
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital® opened in 1962 and was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas. Its mission is to find cures for children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing, or food -- because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent by 2020. We won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from the general public, St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most - saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
- St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands of more children.
- The daily operating cost for St. Jude is $2 million, which is primarily covered by public contributions.
- St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and around the world.
- The average donation to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is $30.